Skip to content
- “Critical Considerations for Recombinant Production Platforms” – Somen Nandi, BioProcess International West Cell Line Development & Engineering Track, San Diego, March 29 – 31, 2021.
- “Critical Considerations for Recombinant Protein Process Development and Techno-Economic Analysis”, Somen Nandi, University of Verona, Italy, Dec 17, 2020.
- “Rapid production of COVID-19 biologics in mammalian and plant systems”, Priya Shah, Karen McDonald, and Roland Faller, Engineering on Tap, November 18, 2020.
- “Rapid Production of COVID-19 Biologics in Plant and Mammalian Systems”, Priya Shah, Karen McDonald, and Roland Faller, COVID-19 Research Virtual Town Hall, November 6, 2020.
- “Plant Molecular Foundries for Biotherapeutics in Space”, Karen A. McDonald, Live Hot Topic Session “The Future of Space Medicine”, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) PharmSci360 Virtual Conference, November 5, 2020.
- “Molecular Pharming in Space”, Karen A. McDonald, Microorganisms for sustainable food: from Earth to Space, Virtual Conference, 4th Space Concordia University, September 3, 2020.
- “A Plant-Based Platform for “Just in Time” Medications”, Karen McDonald, Nancy Lane, Somen Nandi, Debashis Paul, and Mysore Sudarshana, TRISH Environmental/Food/Drugs April Zoom Meeting, April 22, 2020.
- “A Plant Made Pharmaceutical (PMP) for Space Missions” – Karen McDonald and Somen Nandi, Osaka University and UC Davis Joint Research Conference: Harnessing Biotechnology for human and planetary health, Osaka University, Nov 15, 2019.
- “Development of a Plant -Made Therapeutic to Reverse Microgravity -Induced Bone Loss”, Yongao (Mary) Xiong, Kevin Yates, Matt McNulty, Nancy Lane, Karen McDonald, and Somen Nandi – Space Health Innovation Conference (SHIC), Synthetic Biology Session, UC San Francisco, Nov 2, 2019.
- “Plant-Made Medication – Just in Time” Karen McDonald, Nancy Lane, Debashis Paul, Mysore Sudarshana and Somen Nandi, Space Health Innovation Conference (SHIC), Innovation Showcase Session, UC San Francisco, Nov 2, 2019.
- “Platform Technologies for Making Biopharmaceuticals on Mars”, Karen A. McDonald, SynBioBeta 2019, San Francisco, CA, October 3, 2019.
- “Advances in Plant Molecular Foundries”, Karen A. McDonald, Food Security & Innovation Workshop, Davis, CA, October 9, 2019.
- “Plant Cell Culture Platforms for Production of Bioscavengers for Biodefense”, Karen A. McDonald, Biochemical and Molecular Engineering XXI, Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada, July 15, 2019.
- “Which Expression System Is Best For Which Molecule?” Somen Nandi, KNect365 Cell Line Development & Engineering, San Francisco, June 19, 2019.
- “Development of a Plant-Made Therapeutic to Reverse Microgravity-Induced Bone Loss”, Dexter Antonio, Matt McNulty, Karen A. McDonald and Somen Nandi, 9th International Space Station R & D conference (ISSRDC) at Atlanta, GA, August 31st 2019.
- “Rapid Countermeasure Design and Production Innovations” Somen Nandi and Karen McDonald, Coalition for Epi Response Engagement and Science (CERES) meeting at Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO July 2019.
- “Advances in the Development of Plant Molecular Foundries”, Karen A. McDonald, Texas A&M University, Horticultural Sciences Symposium, College Station, Texas, February 7, 2019.
- “Plant Made Pharmaceutical – Bench to Bedside”, Somen Nandi Leslie Wanner Keynote speaker at 35th annual Mid-Atlantic Plant Molecular Biology Society (MAPMBS 2018) meeting, Washington DC, August 15, 2018.
- “Supporting Explorers on Mars: A biomanufacturing solution for producing biologics during deep space exploration” Somen Nandi, Kalimuthu Karuppanan, Matthew McNulty, and Karen A. McDonald, 3rd Conference of the International Society for Plant Molecular Farming (ISPMF) at Helsinki, Finland, June 12, 2018.